(Wireless-NewsWire.Com, September 04, 2019 ) Market Overview
• Power semiconductors handle high voltages and large currents. It enables the one-directional flow of electricity, amplification for increasing electrical signals, and switching to open and close the flow of electricity.
• They are mostly used in power conversion such as in changing voltages and frequencies, also changing DC to AC and AC to DC.
• The growing awareness for energy-savings and power consumption reductions have increased the need for power semiconductors that minimize power loss.
• In August 2018, Helix Semiconductors co-develop the new MxC 300 transformerless chipset with Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., MxC 300 is a two-chip solution that offers the highest power density in the industry – up to 20x higher than transformer-based solutions – for 65W transformer less AC-DC power supply products.
• The global power semiconductor market is segmented based on material type, which includes silicon/germanium, silicon carbide (sic), and gallium nitride (GaN) silicon carbide (sic) holds the major market share in 2017, and it is expected to remain dominant over the forecast period, due to the increase in launch of silicon carbide, and strategic agreement between companies for the supply of Silicon Carbide Power Semiconductor.
• For instance, in December 2018, UnitedSiC, a manufacturer of silicon carbide (SiC) power semiconductors, expands its UF3C FAST Series product offering by introducing an additional range of 650 V and 1200 V high-performance silicon carbide FETs in a TO-247-4L 4-pin Kelvin Sense package option.
• Asia-Pacific holds the major market share for power semiconductor in 2017, and it is expected to maintain the growth over the forecast period. Due to the huge investment by China government.
• In May 2018, China government invested USD 47 billion for semiconductor research and chip startup development.
• The use of power semiconductor in automotive is driving the Asia Pacific power semiconductor market.
• For instance, In May 2017, Yaskawa Electric Corporation has developed the world’s first servo motor with a built-in amplifier that is equipped with GaN* power semiconductors.
• In April 2018, DENSO Corporation, one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers, and FLOSFIA Inc., a tech startup, partnered to develop a next-generation power semiconductor device expected to reduce the energy loss, cost, size and weight of inverters used in electrified vehicles (EVs). With this partnership project, the two companies aim to improve the efficiency of EV power control units, a key to drive widespread EV use, and usher in a future of safer, more sustainable mobility.
• In November 2018, Infineon Technologies acquired Siltectra. Siltectra has developed an innovative technology (Cold Split) to process crystal material efficiently and with minimal loss of material. Infineon will use the Cold Split technology to split silicon carbide (SiC) wafers, thus doubling the number of chips out of one wafer. This acquisition will help to expand the portfolio with the new material silicon carbide as well.
View full sample : https://www.datamintelligence.com/research-report/racing-drones-market
Download free sample: https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/racing-drones-market
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.
For more information:
Sales Manager at Data M Intelligence
Tel: +1 877 441 4866
+1 877 441 4866